It’s important that you read and agree to the Terms & Conditions of your selected car provider. These vary from provider to provider and different car hire companies might have varying Terms & Conditions.
Below is a list of most common provisions. Please be aware though, that the list is in no way exhaustive and may and will differ depending on the vehicle rental firm.
- minimum driver age – usually 25 y/o
- maximum driver age – often 75-80 y/o
- surcharge for drivers under 25 y/o
- additional driver must be reported at or before car pick-up
- bond and/or security deposit usually will be required (in most cases through your credit card)
- cancellation fees usually apply
- damage cover and insurance options vary – please check with your rental provider
- rates may differ depending on plan
- unlimited kilometres are available with many car hire companies, but often aren’t standard
- you agree to return the car in the same condition you picked it up in
- you’re responsible for the way you use the car – damage cover rules vary, check with your provider